An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join our team. As an industry leader in custom home design and construction, we are excited to welcome a skilled Estimator to contribute toward our successful growth.
The full time Estimator position is based in our office (Marshall, Geelong); working in a dynamic environment.
Interested? Please read on…
With your meticulous attention to detail, high level organisational and problem-solving abilities, you will possess the following key attributes (key selection criteria):
- Minimum 3 years of Estimating experience in Residential Construction;
- High level computer literacy;
- Ability to read and interpret contractual documents, specifications and drawings;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Analyse and interpret engineering and architectural drawings;
- Detail focused, highly organised and efficient;
- Use estimating software (preferably Constructor) to prepare detailed quotes;
- Bachelor of Construction Management is preferred or an alternative qualification in building/estimating will be considered.
With these skills, you will perform the following responsibilities:
- Working directly with the Director of the company;
- Analyse drawings and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour estimates;
- Production of Variations per Interior Design and Electrical changes.
- Liaising with engineers, designers, owners, contractors and subcontractors on any changes to cost estimates;
- Preparation of production orders and supplier & contractor agreements
- Liaising with suppliers, tradespeople, contractors and site supervisors
- Assess cost effectiveness of designs, products and services;
- Monitoring costs, developing and maintaining costing reporting systems and procedures;
- Maintaining quality service by following organisational processes and standards;
- Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations;
- Development of detailed quotation booklet for presentation to client; and
- Client Price Presentation Meetings.
In return you will be rewarded with a challenging role, competitive salary and a committed, friendly team. Sound like you? Please APPLY HERE or submit a covering letter detailing your experience, skills, addressing the selection criteria, salary expectation and resume to email@example.com.